Your boy always has thoughts, and a lot of those thoughts have found themselves in various social media posts on Facebook and Instagram. But on June 1, 2017, your boy lived a moment that changed everything. While traveling to Portugal his papers, his ID, his wallet, his bags, his everything got stolen. And because your boy is not a Canadian citizen yet, only a Canadian resident… that meant a very very complicated situation.
Read on to learn of the 192 day saga of #stuckinlisbon and #stuckincanada. This was not easy. This was scary. Your boy had to depend on his hustle, on luck, and on the generosity of strangers and friends alike. Your boy reconnected to his culture while in Portugal. Your boy found clarity, vision and focus. Back in Montreal, still stuck while Immigration Canada took all the time to process his application to get his papers replaced, your boy struggled to adapt to a life of constancy, and repetition. Your doctor is a nomad, at heart. Living 132 days without traveling? Like putting a lion in a zoo. But your boy rediscovered his city. Found a purpose, realized the importance of having a team, and building a legacy. Your boy found happiness, when he expected to find misery. Your boy grew up.
#stuckinlisbon and #stuckincanada were the beginning of a new chapter in your boy’s life. And your doctor wants to share that with his people. In 2018, now that his papers are finally back in order and his freedom restored, your boy will continue to share any new experiences as he resumes to traveling the world, spreading the joy of kizomba to as many people as he can.
Introducing Dr. Kizomba – travel blogger. See below for a play-by-play of all adventures.
Enjoy, Mi Gente. Comment and share, your boy always wants to know your thoughts.
- Day 1 | A Portuguese Situation
- Day 16 | A Time for Shout-Outs
- Day 20 | We Freed Flavie!
- Day 21 | Every Day I’m Hustling
- Day 22 | On Fire
- Day 23 | Dr. K MVP
- Day 24 | Business As Usual
- Day 27 | Bring Back Dr. K
- Day 38 | Wisdom
- Day 40 | Drambuie
- Day 41 | Teaching in Lisbon
- Day 43 | Two Parties, One Night
- Day 45 | C4 Pedro Agrees
- Day 46 | AirBnB Surprise
- Day 47 | Tiger Shrimp vs Lobster
- Day 48 | Blast From The Past
- Day 49 | Visit from Fabricio
- Day 54 | Turn Up
- Day 55 | My Brother’s Birthday
- Day 56 | Montreal Is Calling
- Day 57 | Nostalgic Motivation
- Day 58 | Vodka Watermelon
- Day 59 | Almost Home and Nostalgic
- Day 60 | Montreal, Are You Ready?
- Day 1 | New Home, New Routine
- Day 4 | Jet Lagged
- Day 6 | Sleeping Beauty
- Day 10 | New Project
- Day 12 | Vacation’s Over
- Day 13 | Yeh!
- Day 14 | Work Day, Happy Day
- Day 16 | Back At It
- Day 18 | Moda Mwangole
- Day 21 | Sweat Life
- Day 25 | TO, We’re Coming
- Day 28 | Modest Like Mayweather
- Day 31 | In Shape, Almost
- Day 36 | Sembarific
- Day 39 | Some Quick Updates
- Day 40 | Go With The Flow
- Day 41 | Feeling Saintly
- Day 43 | The Art of Social Dancing
- Day 45 | Major Milestone
- Day 49 | Audience Chemistry
- Day 51 | Squad Goals
- Day 67 | Feeling Pumped
- Day 72 | Family First
- Day 73 | Hard Work
- Day 81 | Student Energy on High
- Day 82 | Unexpected Gratitude
- Day 84 | Falling In Love With Montreal
- Day 87 | 4-day Weekend
- Day 98 | Hospital Visit
- Day 104 | Feliz Dia Da Independência
- Day 111 | Mastering Hello
- Day 113 | Good Kizomba Times Are Coming to Montreal
- Day 114 | Kitaba Thanksgiving
- Day 116 | A Teacher’s Legacy
- Day 117 | But Why, Tho?
- Day 127 | Some Good News!
- Day 128 | My Kizomba Canada Babies
- Day 129 | Winter Sauna
- Day 130 | Stage Life
- Day 132 | Freedom!